Monday, May 31, 2010

::You say Ketchup I say Catsup::

Happy Memorial Day everyone!! I know it's been awhile since I did my first post. Time has been flying by so freaking quick that I haven't gotten the chance to jump on. Life has seriously been quite hectic for me & balancing 2 crazy kiddys doing this mom stuff for hubby's unit.
But enough of that, if I wanted to rant about my life, I'd be blogging on my other page. So I was walking around Costco a few weekends back, and they always have these insane demo tables and whatnot.

                                        
okay, that's probably as good and as close I could get them both together. These were on the demo table. I absolutely LOVED it. The one thing I've always liked about Costco is how everything comes in BULK. Yes I might have somewhat of a small/big family (3 kids including hubby & 2 insane and very hyper small dogs), but it's awesome how much I save by purchasing in BULK, and separate everything into little Ziploc bags and use them in portions few times a week. Now with this, cut the bag of tortellini in half since it only took half to feed the 3 of us plus leftovers at the end of the night!! Broil the water over medium heat until it starts getting super hot, cook the pasta for additional 15-20 minutes, DRAIN water, pour a desirable amount of pesto sauce and slightly heat up for about 5-10 mins, and viola!! Dinner is served.
It is something I HIGHLY recommend with a glass of wine of one's choice. Dessert should follow with a pretty bowl of fresh strawberries or my favorite, cherries.

"Fresh and dried cherries are one of the only natural food sources of melatonin, the chemical that controls the body's internal clock to regulate sleep. recommend eating them an hour before bedtime or before a trip when you want to sleep on the plane." - Health expert on MSN.

Isn't it simply gorgeous outside? I don't think I'm going to let my day slip by. I should probably go out and enjoy whatever is left with my awesome family. Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend!! =)

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read your future posts! jen raves a lot about you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, like it.... keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete